Create A Cute Upcycled Basket Pumpkin Patch With This Easy Fall Craft Project
Can you believe it is the middle of October already??? A couple of months ago I was asked to create a few upcycled craft projects for Smart Retailer Magazine . The theme of the article was creative ways to use baskets in your store displays. Today I want to share one of those projects and show you how to create an Upcycled Basket Pumpkin Patch to add to your Fall inspired decor.
To create your basket pumpkin patch you will need to find a few round, flat baskets, the kind that are used to hold plates at picnics and such. I found a whole bunch of them at my local thrift shop.
To Make Your Upcycled Basket Pumpkin Patch you will also need:
- Orange Spray Paint
- Large Silk Leaves (one for each basket)
- Paint Sticks (one for each basket)
- 5 X 7 or 6 X 4″ Picture Frames With a Removable Easel Type Back (one for each basket)
- Hot Glue
- Spray paint the front and back of each basket orange.
- Hot glue a paint stick to the rim of each basket right down the center, creating the “stem” of each pumpkin. Make sure the stick is flush with the bottom of the basket. You may have to cut it down.
- Paint each “stem” brown and let it dry.
- Hot glue a large hot leaf to the stem.
- To make the pumpkins stand up, hot glue the back of the picture frame to the paint stick. You can trim the sides of the backing to give it a more finished look.
When you are finished you will have a set of cute upcycled pumpkins to create your own little pumpkin patch!
Although this project was created with shop owners in mind for display purposes, you can use your upcycled basket pumpkin patch as a wonderful vignette or centerpiece for Halloween or even Thanksgiving tablescape. Tuck in some branches and pinecones and you are all set!
Here is a little peak at the article from magazine. If you liked this little upcycled basket pumpkin patch crafty project, wait ’til you see what you can create for Christmas!!!
I want to thank the folks at Smart Retailer Magazine for giving me this opportunity!
And thank you so much for stopping by today!
~LisaNew to my blog? I would love for you to join me on my decorating adventures! Learn how to decorate on a budget creatively, get crafty ideas and be inspired to tackle your own design projects. Follow me via BlogLovin', Networked Blog or you can subscribe via email below and never miss a post!
Linking Today To: