I love to bake but finding the time and energy to do so can be a challenge these days. While I would love to bake from scratch it is not usually realistic for me. When I do find a few moments to whip something up I look for an easy alternative to scratch made goodness. I love a good danish for breakfast or for an afternoon treat with a cup of coffee. This easy cherry cheese danish recipe is simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Easy Cherry Cheese Danish Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tube Grands flaky biscuits
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, the egg yolk, the salt and the vanilla until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- Open can of biscuits, and stretch each one out and flatten slightly on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut the tip off one corner of the filled plastic bag so you have a 1/2-inch hole. Use the bag to pipe the cheese filling onto the center of biscuit. Add a dollop of cherry pie filling on top of the cheese mixture.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then rotate the sheets if you use more than one baking sheet. Continue to bake until pastries are puffed and deep golden brown, another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and the milk. Let the Danish cool slightly on the sheet then drizzle with the glaze.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Enjoy your homemade cherry cheese danish!
So, the next time you are craving something sweet or want to wow your overnight guests, whip up a batch of these simple cherry cheese danish treats and serve them for breakfast or with a good cup of coffee.
Now Let’s Party!
Leave a Reply