Join Lisa’s Realtor Partnership Program For Home Staging And Have More Happy Clients
If you are a real estate agent in eastern North Carolina I would like to invite you to join my Realtor Partnership Program. By encouraging your clients to hire a home stager, even if it is just for a consultation, your properties will be more enticing to buyers and sell quicker and for more money than un-staged homes. This is no cost to you as an agent to join the program. Becoming a part of Lisa’s Creative Designs Realtor Partnership Program can make your job more enjoyable and give your listings the selling edge they deserve!
Top 5 Reasons to Use a Professional Home Stager
- You will get a greater return on your Investment According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), the average staging investment is between 1 and 3 percent of the home’s asking price, which generates a return of 8 to 10 percent.
- The cost of staging doesn’t cost a dime. In a 2007 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 realtors, it was discovered that sellers who invested in staging services for their home, recovered over 343% of the cost in the sale of their home.
- The longer your home is on the market, the lower the price. So stage first! According to a National Association of Realtors survey, homes that sold after four weeks on the market sold for 6% less than ones within the first four weeks! Don’t be in a position where you have to lower your price. Have your house staged first!
- Your house will sell faster, which equals less headaches and hassles. USA Today reported in a Coldwell Banker survey of over 2800 homes that the staged homes, on average, sold in half the time that the non-staged homes did.
- Only 10% of home buyers can visualize the potential of a home. This is why staging a home is critical! You don’t want the advantages of your home overlooked and left up to the buyer’s imagination.
As a realtor there are two main objectives you will have to do when partnering up with Lisa’s Creative Designs.
Challenge #1 – Educating the Home Seller
Many home sellers have never used a professional home stager before. The idea of someone coming into their personal home and “critiquing” it is not something they are comfortable doing. Other sellers are excited about the idea of preparing their home to sell but need the professional guidance to know where to invest for maximum return on investment (ROI). However a seller may feel, there are simple steps you as the partner can take to educate the seller and incorporate staging into the selling process. “The first goal of staging is not in the transformation of rooms but in the transformation of the home seller. The home seller needs to cross over from viewing their home as their “beloved home” to their number-one “marketing commodity” or product to compete and sell for the best price. A transformed seller begins to objectively view their product and strategically considers ways to make each room of their product emotionally appeal to buyers and stand out.” Do your home sellers do this? By looking at most listings across the country, probably not. Why? Because you haven’t had the tools and steps needed to transform your seller:
- Step One – A simple, non-invasive process that incorporates professional staging naturally into your listing presentation
- Step Two – Videos, website page and hand-outs that serve to educate sellers on home staging and its benefits.
- Step Three – A “Staging Consultation” that involves the seller in the critiquing process, gives them “buyer’s eyes” and shows them the power of a transformed room
- Step Four – A “Staging Process” developed around consistently considering the buyer, their needs, wants and what it will take for them to feel at home in the property. At the end of the 4-step process, sellers are excited about the product they are putting on the market, strategically competing in their market space and perpetuating the model home look the stager has created for them. Together, we can transform homes, so that they bring in buyers and obtain offers.
Challenge #2 – Easily Incorporate Staging into Your Business
In today’s market it becomes even more critical for homes to stand out and compete for the few buyers available. Clearly the home that looks nicer online and inside will obtain offers over the ones that many times only needed small changes and depersonalization. As the listing agent, continually asking the seller to be patient or to lower the price is not a fun part of the job. Staging is the key but how specifically does it benefit you as an agent?
- Gives You More Control – That’s right. Here’s a common scenario for you, the seller may desire a certain dollar amount for the home but you know that unless some changes are made, the seller won’t get it. By incorporating the first step in the home staging process, a Staging Consultation, you are controlling more of the outcome of the sale.
- Gives You Credibility and Differentiation– When you bring in “experts” who do this for a living it adds to your own credibility. Would you seem credible if you also appraised and inspected the homes that you sold? No, it waters down your expertise because people know you can’t be an expert in everything! When you’re focused on your own field of interest and outsource to professionals it gives you added credibility in what you’re good at – selling homes!
- Protects Your Relationship and Listing – You have to have a strong client relationship that gets you through the entire escrow process. Home staging is a form of constructive criticism that sometimes addresses hard, personal issues like smell and cleanliness. Your clients EXPECT a professional stager to instruct them on these issues but are not completely comfortable with you as their Realtor doing this.
- Hiring A Stager Is A LOT Less Expensive Than You Think – Your Realtor Partner Package that start as low as a simple Staging Consultation which will usually result in a day of staging (paid by the now engaged seller), gorgeous photos of prepared rooms for your online marketing campaign, and an Action Plan for the seller to do more to make their home desirable. This means greater returns and a faster sale. Why? Because we are trained to engage the home seller in the staging process, educating them on disassociating from their home and seeing through “buyer’s eyes” right in the beginning during the Staging Consultation. This is incredibly motivating to your sellers who now want their product to compete and sell! The majority of home sellers are willing to spend up to $5,000 to get their house ready to sell. During the staging process with us they will understand the difference staging can make in their home, have a list of necessary purchases to make to complete each room, and have a list of important cosmetic improvements (paint, electrical, etc.) they will want to quickly do in order to maximize their return on investment if they so choose.
- Greatly Improves Your Outside Marketing Campaign – The money you spend on marketing the home on the outside will be twice as effective when you have photos of beautifully staged rooms (with updated accessories) vs. photos done on the fly. Since over 90% of buyers are online to determine whether to visit, photos of professionally staged rooms will set the listing apart from all the competition. It’s critical that your home marketing photos be outstanding and have impact. Just take a look around at listings in sites like Realtor.com and Zillow. You will find many unimpressive homes that are not presenting themselves at their full potential. The quality of the photos matter as well. If your online presentation of your listings is impressive, don’t you think they will choose you as their listing agent as well?
If you join our realtor partnership program we will include professional quality digital photos of the staged property to incorporate in your listing.
6.Gives You Industry Status – Realtors are more likely to take their clients to homes that have been professionally staged rather than not. When you have a reputation for listing move-in ready homes marketed specifically to buyers, agents will want to show them! In a cyclical industry it helps to have a quality listing reputation.
7. Makes You Sell Listings Faster – Buyers have MANY home choices in today’s market, so what home do you think they will make an offer on, a staged or un-staged home in the same price range? Home staging specifically markets each room in the home to a potential home buyer’s emotion, which results in offers. Statistically, professionally staged homes sell 50% faster than homes that have not been professionally staged. Buyers want a home that is turnkey ready; home staging gives them what they’re looking for.
8.Give You More Money – Home staging is not rocket science but pure economics. When you improve upon a product, you increase the demand thus raise the price. Several statistics consistently show that staging has an impact on price and demand. In a 2005/2006 poll by Maritz Research, over 1/3 of buyers were willing to pay more money for a home that was move-in ready.
9.Gives You Happy Clients – In a NAR 2007 Profile of Sellers it was reported that over a quarter of seller’s MOST IMPORTANT EXPECTATION is that their real estate agent will sell the home WITHIN a specific time frame. In today’s market, that’s not an easy task among the many homes available UNLESS your listings stand out with staging. A faster sale for the best price will have clients singing your praises! In a referral-based industry, happy clients mean more listings and the reward of a job well done. The cost of staging is MUCH less than the first price reduction; so don’t disappoint your clients with that sad alternative.
10. Gives You MORE Listings – Happy clients talk and when 41% of sellers FIND their agents through referrals expect more listings!
If you have any questions please email me at Lisa@LisasCreativeDesigns.com or call 252-646-2521.
To Join Our Realtor Partnership Program please fill out the application below.
There is no cost to you to become a member or participate in the program!